Editor’s note: Find the latest COVID-19 news and guidance in Medscape’s Coronavirus Resource Center.
Oct. 14, 2020 — Barron Trump, the 14-year-old son of President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump, tested positive for COVID-19, the first lady revealed in a post on the White House website Wednesday.
Since then he has tested negative, she said. “Luckily he is a strong teenager and exhibited no symptoms,” the post says.
The announcement comes nearly 2 weeks after President Trump and the first lady tested positive. After receiving the news, the first lady writes, “Naturally my mind went immediately to our son. To our great relief he tested negative, but again, as so many parents have thought over the past several months, I couldn’t help but think ‘what about tomorrow or the next day?’ My fear came true when he was tested again and it came up positive.”
Then, he tested negative, she writes.
She also writes that she had minimal symptoms — body aches, a cough, headache, and fatigue. She chose to rely on vitamins and healthy food rather than medication for treatment, she said.
She has since tested negative and plans to resume her duties soon.
The post gave no details of when the tests were given or the results received and no details on the kind of test Barron was given.
White House website: “First Lady Melania Trump: ‘My personal experience with COVID-19.’ ”